I love art museums. And I love free things. So I love free days at art museums. Here is a list of free days at art museums in the northeast states, including MA, ME, CT, and RI.
Free admission days at art museums in Connecticut:
- Free admission day at New Britain Museum of American Art in New Britain, Connecticut: Saturday, 10am-noon
- Free admission day at Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford, Connecticut: Last Saturday of the month before 1pm
- Free admission always at Yale University Art Gallery in New Haven, Connecticut
Free days at art museums in Maine:
- Free admission day at Portland Art Museum in Portland, Maine: Friday 5-9pm
- Free admission always at University of Maine Museum of Art in Bangor, Maine
- Free admission always at Bowdoin College Museum of Art in Brunswick, Maine
Free admission day at art museums in Massachusetts:
- Free admission day at Institute of Contemporary Art Boston (ICA Boston): Thursday 5-9pm
- Free admission is available at Museum of Fine Arts Boston on Wednesdays after 4pm (pay what you wish)
- Free admission on your birthday at Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston, Massachusetts
- Free admission day at Smith College Museum of Art in Northampton, Massachusetts: 2nd Friday, 4-8pm
- Free admission always at Rose Art Museum at Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Free admission day at Worcester Art Museum on first Saturdays from 10am-noon
Free admission days at art museums in Rhode Island:
- Free admission available at RISD Museum of Art in Providence, Rhode Island, on Sundays from 10am-1pm (pay what you wish). Also, free admission from 5-9pm on the 3rd Thursday. Also, free on last Saturday of the month (except December)
Until December 2010, Bank of America is also sponsoring free days at art museums across the country. For details, visit: museums.bankofamerica.com.
This list is not guaranteed to be accurate and may change at any time, so be sure to check the websites for accurate free admission days. Have corrections? Leave a comment.